- I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects well on our profession and I will refrain from doing anything that harms the public’s understanding or acceptance of coaching or advising as a profession.
- I will accurately identify my level of competence and I will not overstate my qualifications, expertise or experience.
- I will ensure that my client understands the nature and terms of the agreement between us.
- I will not intentionally mislead or make false claims about what my client will receive from the agreed process or from me as their coach or advisor.
- I will respect the confidentiality of my client’s information, except as otherwise authorised by my client, or as required by law.
- I will obtain informed permission from each of my clients before releasing their names as clients or references or any other client identifying information.
- I will be alert to noticing when my client is no longer benefiting from our professional relationship and would be better served by another coach/advisor or by another resource and, at that time, I will encourage my client to make that change.
- I will seek to avoid conflicts between my interests and the interests of my clients.
- Whenever any actual conflict of interest or the potential for a conflict of interest arises, I will openly disclose it and fully discuss with my client how to deal with it in whatever way best serves my client.
- I will disclose to my client all anticipated compensation from third parties that I may receive for referrals or advice concerning that client.
- I will honour agreements I make with my clients, and construct clear agreements that may include confidentiality, progress reports, and other particulars. I will obtain the express consent of the person being coached before releasing information to another person compensating me.
- I will not give my clients or any prospective clients information or advice I know to be misleading or beyond my competence.
- I will respect and honour the efforts and contributions of others.
- I will respect the creative and written work of others in developing my own materials.
- I will use contact information (email addresses, telephone numbers, etc.) only in the manner and to the extent authorised by my clients.